All Coker students and alumni receive access to CokerLink (National Association of Colleges and Employers network sub-site), which allows you to search and apply for part-time, full-time, and seasonal jobs and internships at your convenience.
In addition, you can:
- Upload your resume to our employer resume book.
- Create custom job search agents so you will be notified each time a new job that meets your interests is posted.
- Use the expanded NACELink Job Search tool to search millions of national and international job postings.
- Access online company profiles to network and learn more about potential employers.
- Stay updated on employer and Career Development events on and off-campus.
To get started and access CokerLink, go to http://coker-csm.symplicity.com/students.
If you have any questions about creating an account or logging in, please contact the Director of Career Development.
***Students will receive a weekly email notifying them of which new jobs or internships have been added to the site each week.
Online Job Sites:
Are you looking for online resources to assist in your job search? The sites below will help you get started.
- Reviews.com – Online job board comparisons (including SimplyHired, CareerBuilder, Indeed.com, Monster.com, Glassdoor, and others) www.reviews.com
- Careers in Higher Education: www.higheredjobs.com or www.chronicle.com
- Careers in Athletics: www.ncaa.org
- Research employee reviews, salaries, and interview questions on over 280,000 companies: www.glassdoor.com/index.htm
- General Career Advice and Job Search:www.themuse.com/
Major Specific Search:
- Theater, Musical Theater, Dance, Music, and Art:
The Office of Career Development promotes various career fairs throughout the school year. Career fairs are an excellent way to get face-to-face with an employer or recruiter, and this often means skipping the initial "blind application" stage of the job hunt. Students are highly encouraged to take advantage of the various events and to contact Career Development for assistance with resume critiques, interview skills and professional dress questions.
2014/15 Fairs and Events:
- August 19th-SC Department of Probation, Parole, and Pardon Services Agent Recruitment Fair - Columbia, SC
- October 1st - Career & Graduate School Fair - On campus
- October 5th - Graduate Entrance Exam Practice - On campus
- November 8th - Southeaster Theater Conference Screening - USC Aiken, Aiken, SC - www.setc.org/setc-screenings"
- November 15th - Intern Boot Camp - On campus
- January 26th - Career Connections Fair (SCICU) - Columbia, SC
- February 23rd - Teacher Recruitment Fair - On campus
- April 27th - Teacher Recruitment Fair (SCICU) - Clinton, SC
Additional: Keep an eye out for on-campus mock interviews, our Professional Dress Fashion Show, and various off-campus recruitment events throughout the year.