To gain admission to the Master of Science in College Athletic Administration program, students must have earned a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.85 (on a 4.0 scale) from a college or university accredited by an agency recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
Additionally, students will be required to submit a portfolio of materials including the following:
- An official copy of all undergraduate and graduate transcript(s)
- Professional resume (focus on any athletic-related work history)
- Three signed letters of recommendation. Electronic signatures accepted.
- A 400-500 word professional statement, using one of the below topics:
- The lessons we take from failure can be fundamental to later success. Recount an incident or time when you experienced failure. How did it affect you, and what did you learn from the experience?
- Reflect on a time when you challenged a belief or idea. What prompted you to act? Would you make the same decision again?
- Tell us about a personal quality, talent, accomplishment, contribution or experience that is important to you. What about this quality or accomplishment makes you proud and how does it relate to the person you are?
The initial portfolio may be submitted via email attachments and should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have questions, please feel free to call 843.857.4128.
Portfolios will be evaluated by members of the Graduate Advisory Committee. The applicant pool will be ranked, and those with the highest total scores will be admitted.