A Masters of Science in Criminal and Social Justice Policy degree helps you influence society through policy. This program, offered 100% online, provides challenging coursework and meaningful discussions, all guided by expert faculty with a passion for justice in the modern world. Coker College’s flexible format is ideal for those who are unable to enroll in a traditional, on-campus graduate program, but desire to advance their career and qualify for more influential positions. Motivated students can complete the M.S. in Criminal and Social Justice Policy from any location, in as few as 15 months.
Graduates of the program will be prepared to influence criminal and social justice policy in a wide variety of fields, including:
- Local, state, and federal law enforcement
- Human services
- Criminal investigation
- Community development
Content Areas Include:
Supreme Court Rulings: Explore major Supreme Court rulings governing arrest, trial, and the prisoner’s rights.
Criminology Theory: Expand knowledge around contemporary crime and public policy practices.
Gender, Social Class, and Race, As They Relate to Crime: Explore the implications of diverse populations on law and criminal justice practices.
Public Order Crime: Explore the nature and prevalence of public order offenses.
Research Methods: Discover research strategies in criminology, including quantitative and qualitative methods.
Why Coker College?
- Become more marketable for promotions and pay increases without taking time off.
- Get hands-on policy writing experience through a rewarding capstone project.
- Learn from an experienced, accessible network of professors committed to your success.
- Enjoy collaboration with your classmates using innovative online tools.
- Minimize debt with affordable tuition and a swift 15-month program.
Interested in learning more about the Masters of Science in Criminal and Social Justice Policy program? Download our program preview, or contact an admissions representative today at 843-857-4128.