The Office of Career Development facilitates student internships that will be completed for academic credit. Our friendly staff can help you find a placement that best suits your needs and career goals. We also provide support throughout the course of your internship experience, checking in regularly with both interns and their supervisors.
- Get real-world experience in your field of interest
- Explore potential career paths
- Network and make professional contacts
- Build up your resume with new experiences and skills
- Earn academic credit toward your degree
Learn more about internship opportunities and the requirements for your major by calling 843.383.8058 or emailing us at [email protected].
- Students completing internships for academic credit must hold a junior or senior class status
- Internships must be approved by a student's faculty supervisor
- Interns must attend an internship orientation session
To Be Completed BEFORE Beginning Your Internship:
To Be Completed DURING Your Internship:
As part of your internship experience, you will receive a mid-term evaluation and a final evaluation. At the end of your internship, you will also be expected to submit an updated resume to the Office of Career Development. Additional assignments may be required, depending on your individual course requirements.