The French Language Initiative is focused on promoting the study of French language and French-speaking cultures and increasing the number of students enrolling in French programs nationwide.
Educational web sites
· Walk, Talk and Learn in French: teacher Pierre-Benoit walks around Paris and talks about what he sees
· French on-line grammar quiz (designed to accompany Allons-y)
· Exploring French art: A French magazine web site that guides visitors through a gallery of French art.
· French MOSAIC: content-based thematic units in French from the Center for Applied Second Language Studies
· French Language videos: Native speakers discuss various topics
· French Classroom activities: Canadian Association of Second Language Teachers
· www.lyricstraining.com: Listen to songs and fill in the blanks
· www.wildfrench.co.uk: wide range of French language exercises for different levels
· Phrase guides and language aids: downloadable phrase books. audio files
· http://www.msdsteuben.k12.in.us/dblaz/: French teacher shares her resources
· http://www.laits.utexas.edu/tex/gr/overview.html: guide to French grammar that is a love story of two armadillos
· http://phontique.free.fr/indexgb.htm: French Phonetic Exercises
· www.frenchrevision.co.uk: Listening, reading and writing exercises
· www.tourisme-cb.com: French version of official tourism site for British Columbia
· www.lamed.fr: site about Jewish culture in French
the Rhythm of French: multimedia French pronunciation tutor (fee-based)
Bonne rentrée: poems and songs in French for young children
Monetary Mania: money quiz in French created by International Monetary Fund
Frenchtastic People: a variety of French language-learning resources
UpToTen: songs, games, storybooks, etc.
Collins French resources: includes vocabulary worksheets, map, verb tables
FSL Homework toolbox: "This site supports parents who have children in a “French Immersion” (FI) program and wish to assist them with homework in French. "
Maison de Quartier: Language and culture exercises
The ARTFL Project: "Founded in 1982 as a result of a collaboration between the French government and the University of Chicago, the ARTFL Project is a consortium-based service that provides its members with access to North America's largest collection of digitized French resources."
www.fete-enfants.com/index-html: activities related to holidays and seasons
www.bonjourdefrance.com: "free, educational cybermagazine"
Internet Actuel: authentic texts in French language
Chateaux: information about castles, manors and abbeys in France
The French Experiment: lessons and stories for beginners and children