The French Language Initiative is focused on promoting the study of French language and French-speaking cultures and increasing the number of students enrolling in French programs nationwide.
Educational web sites
· Walk, Talk and Learn in French: teacher Pierre-Benoit walks around Paris and talks about what he sees
· Exploring French art: A French magazine web site that guides visitors through a gallery of French art.
· French MOSAIC: content-based thematic units in French from the Center for Applied Second Language Studies
· www.wildfrench.co.uk: wide range of French language exercises for different levels
· www.tourisme-cb.com: French version of official tourism site for British Columbia
· www.lamed.fr: site about Jewish culture in French
the Rhythm of French: multimedia French pronunciation tutor (fee-based)
Bonne rentrée: poems and songs in French for young children
Monetary Mania: money quiz in French created by International Monetary Fund
Frenchtastic People: a variety of French language-learning resources
UpToTen: songs, games, storybooks, etc.
Collins French resources: includes vocabulary worksheets, map, verb tables
FSL Homework toolbox: "This site supports parents who have children in a “French Immersion” (FI) program and wish to assist them with homework in French. "
The ARTFL Project: "Founded in 1982 as a result of a collaboration between the French government and the University of Chicago, the ARTFL Project is a consortium-based service that provides its members with access to North America's largest collection of digitized French resources."
Internet Actuel: authentic texts in French language
Chateaux: information about castles, manors and abbeys in France
The French Experiment: lessons and stories for beginners and children
Mozanne: Stories and texts for beginning learners
Bedetheque: database of comics in French