Technology & Teaching resources
Last updated on
Center for Language Education And Research: Title VI Language Resource Center offering many free technology applications
Center for Advanced Research on Language Acquisition: Title VI Language Resource Center: offers assessment help, technology, etc.
www.todoele.net: educational materials, scholarships, blogs, etc.; by and for Spanish teachers
· www.refresheverything.com Pepsi Refresh Project: grant awards where people vote for the winners.
· Donorschoose.org: Public school teachers may submit proposals. Independent donors may choose to fund them.
· Cine con clase: Spanish-language film clips for classroom use
· Foreign Language videos: video clips in which native speakers talk about various topics
· Culturally authentic pictorial lexicon: authentic images for language learning
· Lyrics training: listen to music videos and fill in the blanks
· http://www.nettvdb.com/ Internet TV stations from 208 countries
EDsitement: language, literature, history, art, culture tools (NEH)
Free Stuff for Teachers: printable graphic organizers, forms, awards and certificates
www.teachers-pet.org: An add-on for Microsoft Word. Text can be turned into educational games.
http://www.memorylifter.com/about.html virtual flashcard system, free downloadable for English, German, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Chinese.
http://l.georges.online.fr/tools/cloze.html : create your own CLOZE test
www.teachersdiscovery.com: catalog of foreign language supplies
www.DiversityStore.com: catalog of language/ethnic supplies
Yakitome www.yakitome.com: create and access podcasts
Yackpack www.yackpack.net or
DL Recorder http://helix.dartmouth.edu/dl-recorder/
CultureQuest Project Toolkit www.culturequest.us/pt_a1.htm
Understanding audio file formats
Integrating Technology in the Foreign Language Classroom
Try Open Source Software for Free: Moodle, Sakai, etc.
· (K-12) GlobalSchool: “is a great service that helps teachers locate other schools and classes with whom to conduct online exchanges.” (from the NCLRC December newsletter)
· Mixxer: “is another free educational website that allows students to conduct language exchanges online with partners around the world via Skype.” (from the NCLRC December newsletter)
· Hello-Hello Language on the Go: a free language learning website combined with social networking
On-line tutoring services
· Smarthinking.com: company provides their own tutors
· AskOnline.net: software allows you to use your own tutors
Adobe Acrobat Connect Pro E-Learning Environments: create virtual classroom environments
Wordle.net: generating word clouds
xtranormal.com: enter text to create animated movies
secondlife.com: avatars can interact with others in virtual environments
Open Courseware Consortium—free university courses from different countries, in various languages
http://www.moretprs.net/: TPRS discussion and support forum